2015 Snippets | Michelle Adams. Powered by Blogger.

Ryan House Run 1/2 Marathon | March 3, 2012

After running the PF Changs Rock n Roll 1/2 in January, I quickly started looking for my next 1/2. Yep. Hooked! I wanted to run the innagural Phoenix (1/2) Marathon, but it sold out a few hours before I remembered to sign up. I looked around and checked our schedules and ended up signing up for the Ryan House Run 1/2 Marathon. It was up at DC Ranch in North Scottsdale, about 45 minutes up the highway. It started at 7am, so I was up bright and early. Got there about 1/2 early - used the restroom at Safeway and wandered for a bit before finding my friend, Sharon. Here's the start. Sharon didn't stick with me, for she is faster than me! She ended 1/2 hour before I did.



I took the point & shoot along this time. Michael and the boys stayed home for this one. There was some confusion as to whether Ryan was to be at the awards ceremony for the Science Fair at 11am that day.
(I ended up home in time and we all went. He wasn't supposed to be there, we found out. We thought we could get his certificate, but he didn't end up getting it until the following Tues.)
It's a little hard to run and point at the same time, so some of these are shaky... Such a pretty run though!!! VERY hilly though - wasn't used to that at all!!!!





I had sooooo much fun!!!!


This is the (backside) of the nice man that I talked to for a bit. I ended up going on the sidewalk when we hit the split counter (I didn't know what it was!) and he told me I needed to go back around it. Then I took off and passed him...





This is on the way back, but when we hit this spot the 1st time, the people I was following went to the right and were heading the wrong way. Luckily this very nice lady figured out that we were going the wrong way and we doubled back. She was very nice and I had a nice time talking to her until we were heading up our 1st big hill and I needed to push and ended up WAY in front of her...
This is her & I on the way up. She was just going a little too slow for me. NOT that I'm any speed demon...




At mile 9, I got out a GU to fuel and must have hit the pause on my Nike+.


Didn't figure it out until a mile later, when I was coming up on mile 10. Ack.


I got to the finish and it was so cool! They announced my name and city and said something abut me having a big smile on my face (which I did!). Since my Nike+ had paused, I really had NO idea bout my time...
I went over to this cool station they had, where you could check...


2 hours and 30 minutes!!!!! 
A PR by 20 minutes over my RnR time!!!! I was so excited!!!!!!!!
Hills and everything!






These are some off the site. You can see me inbetween the 2 men in blue shirts and my friend Sharon on the right of me in the blue.





I'm signed up for a couple more 10K's in the next month and then it's will be too hot around here... boo!

I came home, showered and was back out the door in about 10 minutes to go to the Science Fair thing. We ate  and then came home. I ended up out with my camera for a bit that evening.
Matthew & I found this ladybug on the sidewalk a few days earlier. He's disabled - one wing is gone somehow. Can't tell if it was born that way or it was pulled off. Was really cool that he was still crawling around on my flowers days later...




Post a Comment

About This Blog

Kit used in header is
Digitally Smitten Kit Freebie
by Digital Design Essentials

Digital Photo Frames by
Nancy Comelab.

Photos in header by
Adrian Hindes of
Canyon Photography


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP