2015 Snippets | Michelle Adams. Powered by Blogger.

SYTO 5K Run

I signed up last minute (yesterday) for a run today. Ha! A local runner, Adam, has challenged runners to get out and run a 5K (3.1 miles) a couple of times a year. This was the 2nd annual "Sweat Your Thorns Off" (SYTO) virtual run, with the "Freeze Your Thorns Off" virtual run having been run last winter. Being a new follower to his blog, this is the 1st one I've participated in. He holds it world wide with the stipulation being that you run a 5K and then post to tell him about it. I was invited by Adam to join the group of runners that were meeting here locally to do it "live", but Michael ended up working today. Which means I was stuck here at the treadmill again (didn't quite feel like getting up at 4:30 to get it done before he went to work!). I also had a sneaking suspicion that as slow as I am - I would still be in the first 1/3 of the course when they were finishing it! LOL! When I 1st started thinking about doing this virtual race, I was excited with being able to get back out there and run outside. It's been a month or so since we got the treadmill and while it's absolutely wonderful to run when I want and not have to get up and back before he leaves for work, I really do miss running outside. I'm realizing it's just not as peaceful on the treadmill with both boys up. They come in and ask questions and I'm constantly keeping track of where Matthew is. But oh well - Michael didn't exactly want to work today either, so I can buck it up.
Anyway...
I did do a .35 mile walking warm up as I always do, but I didn't turn on my Nike+ until I had done that. So, my treamill stats are longer. I started out at 4mph and worked up to 5mph, where I stayed for awhile. Then I upped it to 5.8mph, but ended up going back down to 5.5. Finished the last .3 mile on 6mph.
Here's my Nike+ stats...


And here's the link to MyDailyMile

So - I did 3.1 miles in 39.03 minutes! Not as bad as I thought!  :) My splits were progressively faster, which I know is good too. But that's the magic of a treadmill too - LOL!  :)

Here's a photo of me with my "bib". No makeup on and kinda sweaty, so no close-ups - LOL!


Thanks, Adam, for a fun beginning to my day today!!!

EricaH  – (10:48 PM)  

Great job on your first SYTO5k.

Janet  – (7:24 AM)  

Way to go, Michelle! You rock, girl!!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Kit used in header is
Digitally Smitten Kit Freebie
by Digital Design Essentials

Digital Photo Frames by
Nancy Comelab.

Photos in header by
Adrian Hindes of
Canyon Photography


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP