2015 Snippets | Michelle Adams. Powered by Blogger.

i run


i run, originally uploaded by Rynonut Mom.

The final Songbird Avenue kit - September 2010 - "Everyday Moments

Journaling reads: I remember running in elementary school and loving it. But somewhere between then and now, that love disappeared. I remember seeing the “runners” at high school and thinking they were crazy for running that far. I so just didn’t get it.... Life happened - college, working, getting married, having kids. Suddenly, I’m in my 40’s, not in shape, overweight and finding myself thinking of running. In January of 2010, I decided to take charge. I wanted to run. I wanted to get healthier, to be fitter and hopefully to lose some weight. So I bought some new shoes, a Nike+ with sportband and hit the road with the “Couch to 5K” program loaded on my cell phone. The program was easy to follow, but the training was tough. But I stuck with it. I got up early - some mornings as early as 4:30am - to get my runs in. I set a goal of running the Pat Tilman 4.2 in April. And I trained some more. Somewhere along the way - I found myself looking forward to my runs, enjoying that time to myself, the pride of doing the run, and missing it on the days off. April and Pat’s Run came and went. I’d done it, I’d made it, and I finally felt like a runner! And then the next thought was, 10K? 6.2 miles? I’ve done 4.2 - I can do 6.2! But not until fall when it cools off! So - I’ve trained all summer - ran 50 miles in the month of June, - only to have a possible stress fracture sideline me for right now. And I miss it. I really miss it. I miss running. Who knew? I’m really anxious to run again - nothing else is giving me that sense of accomplishment that running does, not the elliptical, not the biking and not fitness programs. Running just does it for me.
I can’t wait to go again...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Credits: All items from "Everyday Moments" September 2010 Songbird Avenue kit by ErinInk Designs, Meredith Fenwick, Amy Wolff and Janet Phillips for SongbirdAvenue.com.
Fonts are DBMichellex exclusive font and CK Ali's Writing.
Photography by Michelle Adams for For Tomorrow Photography.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Kit used in header is
Digitally Smitten Kit Freebie
by Digital Design Essentials

Digital Photo Frames by
Nancy Comelab.

Photos in header by
Adrian Hindes of
Canyon Photography


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP