2015 Snippets | Michelle Adams. Powered by Blogger.

P52 : 2010 : Week 4 + Sunday Ramblings


Jan. 24th, 2010
Ryan and I were able to go to San Deigo, CA this weekend with the H.O.P.E. Club from school. It was a very fast paced weekend! LOL! We left Mesa @ 9:30pm on Friday night. No one slept much for the kids (25 + 3 teachers and 6 adults for a total of 34) were so excited on the way up that they all talked too much. We drove all night on one of those huge charter buses and got to the marina at 4am. At 5am we got on a boat for a Whale Watch, but the water was too choppy to go out to the ocean. So we stayed in the harbour and they brought up ocean life for us to look at (a lobster, sting ray, fish, etc.). We also went to Sea World and Seaport Village that day (they wanted to really wear the kids out before getting to the hotel that night.). The next day we went to the Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institution of Oceanography and then back home again on the bus by 8:30pm Sunday night. This is a photo of Ryan in front of the Aquarium, by the whale tail!

This one is from inside Scripps, by the shark exhibit.

This one's from our Whale Watch, the sunrise over downtown San Diego.

(I used some Emily Powers Photology overlays on this that will be available tomorrow with the Feb. Songbird Avenue kit)

I took 1100 photos and am a little overwhelmed to go through them. I know there will be alot to delete, but most of them turned out good and are a great rememberance of our trip. I'll post photos from it here soon.
ramblings...
  • I am sooooooooooo sick of dirt. It seems like all I'm doing for the past few weeks is dusting, seeping, vacuuming and mopping. So sick of it. The backyard was almost dried out from the previous rain and it rained again this week, making it a muddy pit out there again. The dogs go out and the dirt comes back in with them. Not to mention Matthew has a soft spot for it too. Ugh.
  • If I'm not cleaning dirt, I'm doing laundry all weekend. 'Nuff said.
  • I bought new running shoes, and a Nike+ Sportband and sensor last Wed. and still haven't been able to use them. Michael is going in at 6am, which has him leaving the house at 5:30am. That was when I used to leave for my walk and I just can't bring myself to get up before him and get out there at 4:45am. He didn't get home until 11:30pm last night (yep - 16 hour day yesterday), so couldn't got then either. I *think* I might put the boys in the golf cart and then we'll go for a walk here in a bit.
  • Why the new shoes and gear? I am seriously (very seriously) considering the Pat Tillman run in April. Should be a good way to ring in turning 43, right?
  • I tried to call to get Matthew an appointment for shoe inserts and still didn't manage to get him one. Tried to go back to the people we'd orginally gotten his from, but they were closed.
  • Am having fun listening to Matthew giggle while doing the Wii Fit Plus. We got it at WalMart yesterday with a GC. He also purchased Spongebob Season 6 Vol. 1 with his Christmas GC from Grammie (Thanks Grandpy and Grammie!), so he had watched that yesterday and forgotten about the Fit Plus until today.
  • So tired of the boys fighting. The 2 hour tour at WalMart yesterday was sooooo fun.
  • I'm down 3.5 lbs., from 2 weeks ago. I think most of it is from being sick, since I haven't walked or exercised regularly since early Dec., but it was really nice to see that (and motivating).
  • Still need to make Matthew an eye appointment.
  • I have my review at work next week. Hopefully it goes well.
  • I bought a roast yesterday and today it's in the crockpot with potatoes and carrots. YUM!!!! It's beginning to smell really good in here and I can't wait for dinner.
  • Did I mention I'm tired of the dirt?
Well - off to the rest of the day! :)

JanetB  – (3:53 PM)  

I hear ya on the dirt issue! We've got that going on here each time the snow melts. What a cool trip you guys got to go on!! I'll be excited to see your pictures. I know that that many pictures take a LONG time to go through and get edited, though. Your roast sounds yummy!

listgirl  – (2:49 PM)  

I love your San Diego photos! And you big list of what's going on in life. Sorry you didn't get to go out and see any whales! My last whalewatching trip resulted in no whales. I'm excited to hear about you running!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Kit used in header is
Digitally Smitten Kit Freebie
by Digital Design Essentials

Digital Photo Frames by
Nancy Comelab.

Photos in header by
Adrian Hindes of
Canyon Photography


  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP